Michel Gassier Chateau de Nages Costieres de Nimes Nostre Pais Rouge
87 points by Wine Spectator
This cuvée represents our search for elegance, purity and mineral/terroir expression.
Michel Gassier NOSTRE PA&Iuml;S RED
TERROIRS: rolled pebbles and red clay. AOC Costi&egrave;res de N&icirc;mes.
APPELLATION: Costi&egrave;res de N&icirc;mes
VARIETALS &amp; DISTINCTIONS : vary by vintage. For more information, please refer to our fact sheet.
- Selection of parcels of old vines with naturally small yields.
- Manual harvest with sorting.
- Gentle extraction with manual punching down the cap.
- Barrel aging in French oak during 6 months for 50% of the volume in the
presence of malolactic lees.
- One single bottling run without filtration.
- Total production of 800 cases
- Appearance : Deep red with violet highlights.
- Nose : Pure and complex, the black fruit, cherry, and hot stones, are released with a bit of aeration.
- Taste : The dense &amp; velvety body fills the palate and reveals notes of cacao, dried herbs and pencil lead. The fresh and fruity finish is heightened by mineral notes and fine tannins.
AGING POTENTIAL : Enjoy now or cellar up to 5 years.
FOOD &amp; WINE PAIRING : Serve around 60&deg;F (16&deg; - 17&deg;C).